I really hate to see fellow collectors being taken advantage of at a well known auction site (i.e. ebay). You can see the high prices being set by dealers for Royal Hawaiian Mint coins. Are the dealers really gouging the unsuspecting collector? Check out the prices/mintages and come to your own conclusions….
In that light here are a few references that Hawaiiana collectors should be aware of….
(1) This is the Royal Hawaiian Mint database (no prices but mintage figures and description can help you determine the rarity)
(2) This is a book that covers some of the years missing from the Royal Hawaiian Mint database. Has prices and mintage for the key Royal Hawaiian Mint coins. Unusual World Coins by George S. Cuhaj, starting on page 297…
(3) For the Royal Hawaiian Mint gold coin collector. World Gold Coins by George S. Cuhaj, starting on page 725 …
(4) For NGC information of the Royal Hawaiian Mint google ngc x# mb125 (where the x# mb125 is the catalog number in item number (2) or (3) above. NGC actually uses the numismaster.com database (item 5 below).
Here is an example for the x# mb125
(5) The Numismaster.com provides the information to NGC (sign up for free to get access)
Lastly, to straighten out the misinformation (by sellers) of the NORFED issues. Item 2’s book. Look on page 685 for the designated NORFED issues (in addition to page 312 bottom right).
Good luck on your Royal Hawaiian Mint search.