Original research by DrDarryl. Click to enlarge images. Image below is a TC-4858 variety of Medcalf & Russell (MR) 2TS-21.
- James Dodd first started in a hotel and stable business in 1878.
- James Dodd advertised drinks (ales, wines, and liquors) at his hotel in 1878.
- Actual image of the Pantheon Saloon.
- Another actual image of the Pantheon Saloon.
- James Dodd renewed his retail spirit license in 1881 under the Pantheon Saloon business name.
- James Dodd opened his new saloon on June 9, 1883
- James Dodd died on January 21, 1900.
- There are three documented versions of M&R 2TS-21 Pantheon Saloon tokens.
- A quick comparison of the 3 varieties:
- My previous blog on this token. https://thehawaiiananumismatist.com/2013/03/18/pantheon-saloon-token-2ts-21/